Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Goof ups!

These days, I have become a pro at spotting errors. Thanks to the 'Caught Snapping' section in the Weekend Plus of The Hindu paper, where people can post bloopers or anything out of the ordinary that they have snapped, for a gift voucher from UniverCell. Anyway, I noticed one while watching NDTV few days ago during the Chennai Test match. There was a news reel at the bottom about the match and it read 'Chenoi'. It disappeared in a flash, before I could move. Not that it would have made a good material for 'Cuaght Snapping' section but a goof up is a goof up and someone (me me me) spotted it.

Some of the articles in msn are fun to read, for you can come up with tonnes of errors. Damn! I should have bookmarked them, coz' am not able to locate them now. And another habitat for errors is The Economic Times. Seriously, you do not have to go looking for errors, they will pop up right on your face and welcome you. It is not just typo that am talking about, but serious grammatical and idiomatic errors, which are simply unpardonable. Still, I read ET for the content. Oh there you go. I found out one article in msn, thanks to the fantastic team, who never disappoints me. Read the last paragraph and you know what am talking about. Interestingly, there is an advert for copy editor job. The work is so shoddy, that I do not mind doing the job for free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Raghav said...

I just found one error in this blog you had written. :P
Find out yourself.